Saturday, August 05, 2006

All by our one-zies

**WARNING THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS CYNICISM AND SARCASM**IF YOU'RE FEELING THIN SKINNED TODAY...SKIP THIS ONE.

That's it really. All we really have in this world is ourselves. We better get busy taking care of what we have. No one else is going to do it.

How many selfless people do you know? They are rare...that's why they call them "saints".
If you're offended by that, please don't be. It's a tall order in today's society to do something for other people absolutely free of charge. No one faults people for being selfish now-a-days. As a matter of fact it's a fascinating new and growing trend...

It's called "personal expression" and "individuality". If you don't like something...it's okay, just go off and do your own thing...you won't be missed. Look at technology...pretty soon we won't even need to interact with "real" people at all, everything will be automated. Well, just as soon as they figure out virtual procreation...

I love my job and helping people and I can't believe I'm the only saint out there!? But just in case, at the end of the day, I hope I remembered to take care of myself first...because I'm beginning to realize that if I need something -whether it be physically or emotionally- I'm going to have to get it myself.

No comments: