Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Buyers Remorse?!

So I've sent in my NON REFUNDABLE check for my training, received my acceptance letter and have my tickets to Hawaii purchased....and now I am freaking out!!

All I have been doing this week is comparing myself to others and pointing out to myself where I am not measuring up. I pretend I know what others are thinking about me (as if everyone is thinking about me!) and none of it is good.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Perfectionism? Control? I think maybe I am just afraid. Afraid of failing AND afraid of succeeding...as crazy as that sounds... What if I actual get what I want? Then the measuring stick with be higher and I will have more expectations to live up to...(again with the people thinking about me!) What an ego I can have.

I just need to relax, let go and trust that I will have everything I need to handle whatever I am given.

If anyone has any tips to stay in that head space I would love to hear them!
Thanks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I'm starting to realize is that self-rejection is a collective disease that pulls us in like a magnet. It takes continued dialogue like you've described and a serious commitment to love oneself unconditionally to transcend this mighty vortex. You'll get there and your experiences in Hawaii will only help you be more of who you already are:))
kk